Welcome to alberntalk.com Please Log in or Register. Thanks

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to alberntalk.com Please Log in or Register. Thanks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Secure1
Click to scan this page

The Coleman Brothers and Conflict of Interest

4 posters

Go down

The Coleman Brothers and Conflict of Interest Empty The Coleman Brothers and Conflict of Interest

Post by The Invisible Man Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:55 pm

The Conflict of Interest Commissioner may of missed the true conflict of interest back in 2007 when the commissioner probed the business affairs of Rich Coleman, Minister of Forests of the day.

Go HERE and check out the map (on page 19). The orange parcels are known as "pre-approved land." It belonged to Western Forest Products (formerly Weyerhaeuser) and up until recent times was a part of the local Tree Farm License (TFL).

Rich Coleman was the Minister of Forests when the land was removed from the TFL.

If the land was not removed it would not be possible to sell it and the Huu-ay-aht First Nations would not be able to purchase it. Stan Coleman is now in control of the Huu-ay-aht First Nation's new company and is handling the sale of the land. I smell something fishy! The way I see it, a conflict of interest exists.

THIS NEWS REPORT says Stan Coleman is the Chief Executive Officer of Huu-ay-aht First Nation's new development corporation.

HERE'S MORE ON IT.
The Invisible Man
The Invisible Man

Port Points : 402

Back to top Go down

The Coleman Brothers and Conflict of Interest Empty Re: The Coleman Brothers and Conflict of Interest

Post by vinland Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:02 am

i remember when this happened, it was just before they logged the pachena spruce grove. If i remember right, it was Stan Coleman who was in charge of logging this spruce grove and IT was a very controversial event, i often drive by this stump farm and remember what was there, the last un protected spruce grove on southern Vancouver island.
invisible man, your post is a little confusing till you realize where the links are, for example.
Go HERE and check out the map (on page 19)
once you figure out the link is "HERE" in red, it makes more sense.
it is interesting how the old minister of forests took this land out of the tfl and now his brother is in charge of buying it for the first nations.
i heard through the salal vein that stan was fired from wfp in 2009, i wonder why.

vinland

Port Points : 20

Back to top Go down

The Coleman Brothers and Conflict of Interest Empty Re: The Coleman Brothers and Conflict of Interest

Post by The Invisible Man Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:53 pm

Sometimes I get confused in the conversation about logging and conflict of interest because of the companies involved. If I recall things correctly, Weyerhaeuser bought out Macmillan Bloedel back in 2000. Then sometime after that, Weyerhaeuser sold to Cascadia Forest Products (formerly known as Doman Forest Products). Within a few months, the company's name was changed to Western Forest Products (WFP). At the same time, WFP split into two companies -- one that dealt with public tenure (WFP) and one that dealt with private lands (Island Timberlands LP). Other than Weyerhaeuser, all of the companies fell under Brascan's ownership which in 2005 changed it's name to Brookfield Asset Management. I am not sure who holds the majority of shares in Weyerhaeuser? Ha ha I am not sure if I got that all right or not? I wonder if either of the Coleman Brothers hold shares in Brookfield Asset Management?
The Invisible Man
The Invisible Man

Port Points : 402

Back to top Go down

Post by vinland Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:09 pm

The Invisible Man wrote:Sometimes I get confused in the conversation about logging and conflict of interest because of the companies involved. If I recall things correctly, Weyerhaeuser bought out Macmillan Bloedel back in 2000. Then sometime after that, Weyerhaeuser sold to Cascadia Forest Products (formerly known as Doman Forest Products). Within a few months, the company's name was changed to Western Forest Products (WFP). At the same time, WFP split into two companies -- one that dealt with public tenure (WFP) and one that dealt with private lands (Island Timberlands LP). Other than Weyerhaeuser, all of the companies fell under Brascan's ownership which in 2005 changed it's name to Brookfield Asset Management. I am not sure who holds the majority of shares in Weyerhaeuser? Ha ha I am not sure if I got that all right or not? I wonder if either of the Coleman Brothers hold shares in Brookfield Asset Management?
Maybe the conflict of interest had nothing to do with logging at all.
Another interesting point is the joint partnership between the huu ay aht in the mid 90's and MB. i did read and see the map that reflected on the conflict of intrest.
Could it be the scam was in the works for a long time and was actually more connected to the treaty then people where lead to believe . The conflict of interest investigation was all about land near renfrew, i bet when that treaty is signed, that land will be pre approved treaty lands . .
i wonder if the former chief of the huu ay aht has stocks in brookfield, if all 3 have shares, that could be a conflict .
It appears the pre approved land in Barkley sound is all land once in the tfl and is owned by brookfield. Selling that much private land would be good for brookfield and its share holders..
invisibleman , i hope you have not opened a can of worms, guys like coleman can say to someone, take of the problem and not even know the results, therefore no guilt can be had.

vinland

Back to top Go down

Post by Chef Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:28 pm

vinland wrote:invisibleman , i hope you have not opened a can of worms, guys like coleman can say to someone, take of the problem and not even know the results, therefore no guilt can be had.

Oh give me a break! ...Another nut posting on this board.

Chef

Port Points : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by vinland Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:23 am

sorry chef, i meant,
on tv and movies, coleman could tell one of his hundreds of employes to "take care of the problem"
YOU AND I KNOW ,this does not happen in real life.
doesn't really mater ANYWAY, statute of limitations is up , the coleman brothers case is over and they moved on.
stan is in charge if building a 58 lot subdivision for the huu ay aht's on one of the private lands that was taken from the tfl and rich coleman is the minister of housing/mining.
Its interesting how bamfield is booming, roads being paved, subdivisions and even purdyvill is going full speed.
must be the fact they , like port and uki may get bombarded by spring fisherman this summer.
NOTHING TO DO WITH THE NEW FISHING CLOSERS likely just some inside information.

vinland

Back to top Go down

Post by vinland Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:30 pm

[quote="The Invisible Man" I wonder if either of the Coleman Brothers hold shares in Brookfield Asset Management?[/quote]

Here is something to think about, with Stan Coleman being in charge of the huu ay aht territory's resources and Rich Coleman being the minister of mines, i wonder if Stan or Richord has shares in pacific iron ore, former emerald fields resources.
This company holds nearly all the mineral title to the huu ay aht, nitnat and the renfrew tribes territories." they have pushed out all the free miners from barkly sound to renfrew by holding all this land, the new mining system the gov has put in place has made it possible for them to do this. They can now do work on a claim in renfrew and apply credit to a claim in barkly sound, its all about the big guys, fuk the little guys.

vinland

Back to top Go down

Post by jackclank Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:43 pm

all this corruption conspiracy crap is making me sick! Can't beat them... join them. Where can I buy into some of these emerging companies?

jackclank

Port Points : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by vinland Thu May 03, 2012 8:07 pm

jackclank wrote:all this corruption conspiracy crap is making me sick! Can't beat them... join them. Where can I buy into some of these emerging companies?
It may very well not be corruption, if you want to buy into this mining company, you can find them here.
http://www.pacificironorecorp.com/properties/vancouver_island/index.html
This map shows how much property they have on the island, in the old days there was a limited number of claims you could group AND you had to only do work on one claim to hold the group. now as long as the units are connected, you can work on any unit and use the work to hold all the claims. it makes it very hard for the little guy and this company can hold on to all this area for a long time. buy in , they have it made if they hold title to the mother load somewhere in the claims
http://www.pacificironorecorp.com/_images/Pearson_Project.jpg
as for conflict or corruption, i am sure there is no corruption involved, that only happens in the movies.

vinland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down